The End Is Near

It's my last day at my internship. I hate the last of anything. The last scoop of ice cream, the last enchilada, the last person in line, the last cloud to pass.

"The Last" is the worst thing in the entire world. Because that means it's over.

I'm sorry. I'm being negative. But there's nothing worse than reading inspirational bullshit if it's not genuine.

But this isn't bullshit: Kinetic Content was the best place I could have interned at this summer. It began awkward, but it finished strong. This place taught me that people like personality. I mean it's a reality tv show company, of course they like personality here. And seeing as how I have quite the obnoxious presence, it helped with my job. I'm a right-brained, jumping jelly bean with a big appetite  heart and I'm proud of what I've learned here.

Things Like:
1. Act natural and don't kiss ass like some thirsty disingenuous amateur director

2. Truly get to know the people you are surrounded by.

3. Ask questions. Here is the thing about asking questions: If they're stupid; that's your fault. But if it's a valid question and your supervisor treats you like you're stupid then he/she is a dick. But you will still have your question answered, thus learning one more thing that most other people don't know. Don't be a little shit and harness the knowledge because it might make you stand out one day.

4. I now understand the importance of nailing a one-sheet.

5. Real weird trivia (I worked in development. Ask if you dare.)

6. Doing your job like it's the best time you've ever had in your life rubs off on people. Maintaining a positive attitude about crap takes practice. If you're a negative nancy, the positive polly's will treat you like generic chips and opt for the bag of Hot Cheetos. Because negativity, like generic chips, gets real stale, real fast.

7. Don't dress like a slut to work. It's weird. (Wasn't me, don't worry.)

There you have it. One summer down. One fall semester to go. And then I'm off into the real world.
The real world is scary. But I personally believe if you're not scared you're a psychopath who, like snakes, lacks the part of the brain that says "empathy's a thing."

At least I know I'm not 100% psychopath.

Comments