Penultimate Week

pe·nul·ti·mate
pəˈnəltəmət/
adjective
  1. last but one in a series of things; second to the last.


    For those of you who didn't know what penultimate was because you obviously don't read enough. 

    It's not the last week in Los Angeles. But it almost is. To say I'm a little down about it would be an understatement. Yes, I miss my family. And I miss the dogs. And my friends. 

    But I also think that it's important to build lives for yourself in different places. I've spent a lot of time in many different places: Texas, Canada, Cambodia, Spain, Georgia, and now California. Every place I've stayed has helped to develop an extra piece of who I am. It's important to explore, learn, and discover. Life with hit head on no matter where you are and to be able to handle anything in any place is a skill. Intimidation can be overcome, and maturity is an omnipresent shade of gray you can't escape. Here in Los Angeles, with the internship, activities, circus training, and friends- it was impossible not to grow. 

    By this time next week I'll be starting the packing process and shipping copious amounts of crap back to Atlanta, Georgia because my suitcase is going to be stuffed with junk I probably didn't need to buy. But did it anyway. 

    It took a few weeks to decide how I felt about returning to Los Angeles, but after some one-on-one lunches and coffee dates with working people out here, I've decided I would regret not trying to be successful. Lots of people enjoy a life of static comfortability... but I'm not like lots of people. Despite existing opinion and past actions of my elders, I do not believe in living in a single place for long. Trying my hand at Los Angeles will just be another adventure that I'm willing to tackle. 

    It's scary, but I have my passions and I want to see where they take me. 

    Besides all of that. 
    Fuck. LA. Traffic. 

Comments